Wednesday, February 13, 2013

WIP Wed 2/13/13 And a Winner

WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced

It's WIP Wednesday!!!
and we have a WINNER!!

First order of business....We have a winner!!

I like your Reunion quilt. Mind if I borrow the layout for one of my future scrappy quilts?


Next up, the WIP's.....

I've been struggling to work on the quilt from hell I mean the Plaid Houndstooth for my little dude. 


ALLLLLLLLLL of the striped squares I cut are 1/4 inch too big.  Every last one of them.  I already cut the plain squares, or I'd just have cut them 1/4" bigger.  So I have over 100 squares to make 1/4" smaller.  I want to SCREAM.  *lol* instead i just put it aside for a day or two to try to calm down.  It's become a mission and at the same time a point of utter frustration.

Here is a drawing of what it will look like when finished....

I am SOOO close.  Every block is sewn and cut.  It's like I can taste it.  I am beginning to hate this quilt!!

The quilting has begun on the reunion quilt.  I started it and couldn't find my basting gun so I pinbasted with straight pins (I do not recommend this) but desperate times call for desperate measures!!! and started quilting (while poking myself regularly).  I should be done with this one soon!



The diamonds quilt....has zero progress.  It's still RIGHT here:

The good news is that it's now riding around in the back seat of my car waiting until I can find the perfect backing....I have the batting all ready, just no back.  I'm thinking a cool pink or green print.  We shall see what I can find.

But in true Kenna fashion....I could't leave well enough alone. 

I cut into this: 

To make a "Bricks" flannel rag quilt.

And it's been an adventure already!!! I'm REALLY disappointed in Moda's QA on this one.  I had two layer cakes, and one of them had a square that was 7 inches long by 10 inches wide (and looked as if the end were ripped) but it was in the middle of the layer cake.  The print was SO crooked on another that I'm trying to figure out how I can hide it in the quilt, and another square was missing 1/2" on the corner.  ALL of them are impacting my quilt, and it's going to take all 42 squares!! I've emailed Moda so we will see, but one does not expect to pay $38 for a layer cake and then get unusable fabric!  They were purchased from reputable fabric stores too!

Happy Quilting!




4 comments:

  1. Wow, what a list! They all look lovely but I especially like the houndstooth one. Lucky guy, your little one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck with Moda. I have no idea what they will do, but what happened to you is one of the reasons I've been avoiding precuts.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just awed by the projects you have going! But the Diamonds quilt is my favorite!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm sorry to hear about the layer cake being messed up. I have noticed with some charm packs,they are not all the same size. I like your houndstooth quilt in the works.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading my blog and leaving comments....they seriously make my day. Please make sure you are not a no reply blogger so I can comment back! :)