Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Busy Busy Busy!

Happy Holidays!

Thanksgiving is upon us and it is one of my all time favorite holidays.  The simplicity of sharing a meal that I have created with my loved ones and just being together is a favorite.  It's also fall and crisp and cool and I am just loving the season!!

I have been a busy little bee!!

First off...what's been keeping me from both quilting and my blog....

I have a plot at the community garden!!!

(this is one side of the fall planting.  Starting from farthest away is Oak Leaf lettuce, romaine lettuce, bib lettuce, and a "gourmet salad blend", celery, red onions and white onions.)


Here is a blurry instagram photo of the pretty green lettuces



This was our plot before.  I inherited a few cages, some weeds, and a vine structure


I'm quite excited!! In southern California we have a unique climate that allows the "cold weather" or "spring crops" to grow in winter.  So this is the best time to grow lettuce!

I've been wanting a community garden plot for a good long while, and it just all came together!

I'm not done quilting tho!

I have been designing this quilt for the little dude....and if all goes according to plan it will be my very first tutorial.  I found several houndstooth quilts online but none of them were quite right. I had to draw this one out to make sure that it was true houndstooth!

and lastly....I got a call from a friend that she inherited an embroidery machine from her grandmother and wanted to learn how to use it.  I spent a great afternoon helping her figure out the machine and we made these adorable bibs!!!



As you can see it's been busy busy busy!! And Christmas is coming.....

Happy quilting!!






No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading my blog and leaving comments....they seriously make my day. Please make sure you are not a no reply blogger so I can comment back! :)