Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Work In Progress Wed. 10-17-12

WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced

WORK has been going on here.  IT'S AMAZING!!! I've actually accomplished a few things....

First up...I've sandwiched and pinned (oy how I loathe pinning) both this quilt:

and this one:


And that's as far as they've gotten.

I decided this one needed a border:
I'm leaning toward pink.  Or turquoise.  Or red.  I think pink or turquoise with a red binding (I LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE red polka dot bindings!)

This quilt is the bane of my very existence   I couldn't find any more the of the pink sashing to make a border (and I didn't have enough fleece back (snoopy of course) for a border either) so I pinned, sewed, and birthed the quilt.  Now I need to pin it and quilt it.  It's getting MINIMAL quilting so I can send it off and it will be ALL DONE.  I'm OVER it. 

I did however make a trip to M&L Fabric *swoon* (If you live in Southern California and aren't familiar with M&L you're seriously missing the boat.  If you aren't from here and visit Disneyland, please visit M&L, just bring an empty credit card and an empty suitcase!!! It's a former market turned fabric store....) and bought both Kona Nautical (dark blue) and Kona Steel (grey).  Both are going to pair up with David Butler's Parson Gray "Curious Nature" line. I bought 2 packages of 6.5" charms on ebay and I'm making a brick quilt...I was digging around on the internet and found this one....I'm in LOVE with it (and several of the other's she's done on her blog!) and intend to make something similar....

Photo and quilt by Pixiecup Industries Original posting can be found here.

This is as far as I've gotten:

I should NOT be starting a new project with SO MANY in progress....but oh well! :)

I also have my pieces all stacked to make a reunion quilt...

I have serious project ADD!!

Happy Quilting!





5 comments:

  1. All are just lovely - and there is nothing wrong with starting something new, especially when the fabric and pattern just grab us so.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, you have too many things going on! I would go crazy lol, lovely projects though! visiting from freshly pieced

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like your Whirlpool quilt. It gives me more ideas on how to make another memory quilt, or wall hanging. All your projects look great. I wish I had more time in my sewing room!

    ReplyDelete
  4. A. SO MANY QUILTS! Go you! Major sewing envy. B. From SoCal and can;t wait to get back so I can go to awesome fabric shops. C. Curios Nature... *swoon* is right ... I am excited to watch your progress.
    Happy crafting!
    -k

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow - you have been busy! I love the top quilt - what was that fabric line called again? It was Tula Pink wasn't it? and your Curious Nature quilt looks like it's going to be great!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading my blog and leaving comments....they seriously make my day. Please make sure you are not a no reply blogger so I can comment back! :)