Wednesday, October 24, 2012

WIP Wednesday 10/24

WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced

PROGRESS!!! That's what's going on here! 

I'm sooo excited.  I have been on a roll lately.  PROGRESS is back.

First up....

SNOOPY IS DONE.  Like finished.  ALL DONE.  The quilt from hell is on it's way to it's new home. And I am so so so excited.
Snoop dog all crinkled from the wash


The snoopy pink and green fleece backing....part of the problem.

I hate this quilt.  Strong strong words, I know, but I so disdain this quilt. 

None of the panels were straight.  So all of the blocks look wonky.
I used the pink sashing to set the blocks and didn't have enough for a border and it's an old David Textiles print that I couldn't find again.
Which was ok, because the back wasn't big enough to have a border on the top.

On to the back....the fleece backing.  Oy vey. Fleece.  Slippery.  Linty...horrid feeling before it's washed.  It was a pain.  But guess what?? It's ALLLL done. ALL DONE!!!!!

Next up:
The jungle friends baby quilt is all quilted and ready for the binding party that is sure to come...

I can't for the life of me get a good picture of this quilt.  I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong!

I also got the Radio Way quilt quilted (this photo is before it was quilted)

and it too is waiting for the binding party to come....

Why so much progress you ask?  Well we went to visit the lil dude and now when we go we rent a condo.  The condo has a lovely kitchen table and tons of space, so I bring my sewing machine.  And I brought the quilt from hell snoopy quilt to quilt and radio way to quilt and 3 charm packs of reunion to start piecing...and I got all the things I wanted to get done, finished !  Amazing how much get's done when there is no laundry/dishes/chores calling your name!



It's the best decision I made!! I will forever be traveling with my machine....





1 comment:

  1. Yay for you! Great progress and a vacation besides- lucky you!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading my blog and leaving comments....they seriously make my day. Please make sure you are not a no reply blogger so I can comment back! :)