Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Blogtoberfest and Orphan Blocks...

So in an effort to blog more regularly I'm going to play along with the idea of Blogtoberfest....where you challenge yourself to blog daily in October.  Obviously I'm getting a late start (I missed yesterday) but I'm going to go one further and actually strive to SEWtoberfest and sew each day in October. So far I'm rocking that goal!!!  In the last two days I finished up a top (to be pictured at a later date, I haven't had a chance to photograph it yet) and will spend tomorrow basting quilts.

So here's my question for you....What do you do with orphan blocks?  I have these four blocks left
plus the few strips left in the far left corner.

What do I do with them? They are 10" blocks.  Do I set them in a line and make a modern quilt? Do I try to incorporate them in another quilt? 

What do you do with your orphan blocks?  I have several from several quilts and am looking for a creative use for them!



2 comments:

  1. Well, I just mailed off a few to a request I saw on someone's blog I follow:
    http://gingersnapsfabricsandquilts.blogspot.com/2012/09/want-to-help.html
    I kept one set of 6 that I made to incorporate into another quilt top, but otherwise I'm saturated with fabric anyway, so it is nice they will be going to a good cause.
    Good luck figuring out what to do with yours!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I usually incorporate them into a small (baby size) quilt and donate it :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading my blog and leaving comments....they seriously make my day. Please make sure you are not a no reply blogger so I can comment back! :)