Wednesday, August 22, 2012

WIP Wed Aug 22 Edition!

WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced

WhoooHooo it's Wednesday!

That means I have to confess what I have and haven't worked on this week.  It's been a slowish week.  I am forcing myself to work on the snoopy quilt from hell.  No really, it is.  The panels were REALLY REALLY wonky.  REALLY wonky.  So I added white borders to the panel pieces and then trued them up to 14" square.   They weren't square to begin with, they were rectangle, but I wanted them to be square for the quilt. 
you can see how some of the panel pieces are totally skewed.  It was so frustrating.  So then I cut 2.5" strips and used them in the sashing of the quilt.  Love how it turned out. (Sorry this is a side view, I was trying to minimize the glare of the sun behind the quilt)

I also found the PERFECT fabric for the border
it's the same green and hot pink dots.  My goal this week is to get the border on and get the darn thing quilted.  This has been SUCH a pain in my tookus!!!

This made me laugh.

This is the reality of the yard in my pictures....
Playhouse, slide, cars, kid, chair....I hang the quilts on the clothesline to get the best shots (I also use my neighbors fence when the wee beast isn't running wild at the same time I'm trying to get my pictures).  Such is the glamorous life of a mother of a 2 year old....

The only other project I've done any work on is the never ending postage stamp quilt.  I got it all pressed and almost ready to go together.

I need to put up my makeshift design wall (it's a piece of fleece I tack to the wall of the dining room!) and lay out the quilt so I can put it together.

School starts Friday, but I won't be going back right away so I'm hoping after daycare starts (and as long as the weather stays cool) I will be able to do a little more sewing during the day!

Happy Sewing!

4 comments:

  1. The Snoopy quilt top is wonderful. Such cute picture of Snoopy it makes me smile. Nice work getting them square.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The quilt is so cute! squaring things up can be so tricky =D

    ReplyDelete
  3. cute quilt and a great way to get it to where you wanted it to be. I had the same problems with my pooh quilt for 100 Quilts for Kids.
    http://jennywren.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. They turned out great and don't look wonky at all, nice job! Thanks for linking up to WIP Wednesday.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading my blog and leaving comments....they seriously make my day. Please make sure you are not a no reply blogger so I can comment back! :)