Monday, February 6, 2012

Another one bites the dust.....

and another one done and another one done....



I FINISHED the forever and ever quilt!



I have been working on this quilt FOREVER.  I figure I started it sometime in 2009....it did a lot of hiding in the stash and waiting around for me to work on it.  And then there was the binding issue.

I love the fabric I found, and it's a perfect match, but I'm not totally happy with it as my binding choice.  Not so unhappy that I would change it, but not 100% thrilled either. It's a little too close to the color of the backing/borders to have that good contrast.  I can live with it!


However, it's a FINISH.

Quilt pattern is "In a Jiffy" by Moda Bake Shop and the material is Hushabye by Tula Pink!

I am proud of myself for something here.  I worked really hard on the binding.  I am not very good at binding quilts (as a matter of fact occasionally I have had other people bind my quilts, I'm THAT disdainful of binding!) but I am determined to conquer my fear of binding.  This time I took my time, ironing the binding, sewing the binding on, then pinning (I don't have the handy clips or the barrettes that many use.  I use straight pins) and sewing.  I have to say that it's one of the straighter, even bindings that I've ever done.  I will continue to work on the process of quilting, focusing on accuracy and neatness in the future....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading my blog and leaving comments....they seriously make my day. Please make sure you are not a no reply blogger so I can comment back! :)