Wednesday, August 10, 2011

WIP Wednesday August 10, 2011

It's Wed already? Say it isn't so! :)  Today is a very special Wed.  It's the punk's first birthday.  One year.  Whodathunk it.  I can't believe it's been a year already!! And a crazy year at that....but here is my wee beast (kissing her cousin Ry goodbye) (Ry on the left, the punk on the right)

I LOOOVVVEEEE this picture.  The dude and I bought a DSLR and I am learning all about it and photo editing.  This could become an obsession....


WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced

I don't have a whole lot to report.  I did start another quilt *hangs head in shame* It's a variation of the snowball quilt made with charms....I do love it! :)  I had a layer cake of Bliss that was calling my name, so I chopped it up with white Kona Pimatex (I LOVE the premium kona cottons) and am happily working on it while the punk naps (or sleeps).  It's coming along nicely and by next week I should have a picture of the blocks all pressed and pretty.  Right now they are just chained pieced and in a pile.

Still in progress:
The HST quilt.  (from this pattern)  I modified it a bit, and I do love it.  I actually LOVE the moda bake shop...I get tons of free patterns from them.

.

No progress on this one either:

Altho....I did take a rockin long arm class at Tranquility Quilts in Cypress.  She has a fantastic purple!!! long arm and now that I've taken the class I can rent time and long arm my BIG quilts.  This one is on the list for sure.   I'm going to have to find border fabric and do a few more rows and this one will be loaded and ready to go.  It's HUGE. I'm aiming for queen size...we shall see.

And the Amy Butler quilt is still where I left it years ago...this is getting embarrassing! Maybe all this checking in will force me to get moving on some of these ufos!

I did make a decision on the Yellow and black quilt...it's going to be ripped apart and redone.  I don't like it.  We shall see what it becomes!

Welll that's about it for today....Happy quilting!






3 comments:

  1. Awh! Happy Birthday Punkster! Today is my sister's b.d. also. Tho she is 51.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday to the little punk and glad you learned how to use a longarm so you can finish bigger quilts!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just found your blog...following from GenX and your note about Harbor Freight..I didn't know Tranquility rented time I know where I am going this weekend to get more info. I have a few that don't fit on my small frame... (I live very near Tranquility)
    and love those parasols from your wedding! I just sent a link to my daughter as an idea for her wedding next July.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading my blog and leaving comments....they seriously make my day. Please make sure you are not a no reply blogger so I can comment back! :)