Wednesday, July 27, 2011

WIP Wednesday July 27, 2011

I can't believe it's wednesday again!!! WHERE does the time go??

WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced

I have been somewhat productive the last few days....I got the junk room sewing room/office cleaned.  It had gotten to be EVERYONE's dumping ground.  Anything that didn't have a home got dumped...and therefore I had to move my sewing to the dining room table, and I couldn't work on much because I didn't have much accessible so I didn't sew....I'm thinking it's part of the decline in my sewing habit.

So it's about 80% cleaned.  I will finish this week, if it's the last thing I do!!  I did NOT take a before picture (so bad I would have qualified for clean sweep...or worse) but I will take a picture when I'm done.  I even have a scrap bin *gasp* (If you knew me before you knew that I threw all scraps away.  oy.)

On to the WIP's....which is really my list of UFO's....

The HST layer cake quilt.  Allll this poor quilt needs is borders.  I of course am dragging my feet.  This is a priority as it's nearly DONE!!!


I do love the quilting on this one if I do say so myself....

Amy Butler Squares Quilt....
I found this one while I was cleaning the dump sewing room.  I LOVE this quilt, but when I looked at the ridiculously complicated pattern I know why it's stalled.  Its neatly packaged in a plastic shoe box with the pattern.  Looking at the quilt and the pattern I am going to simplify it a LOT and finish it, it's just a square in a square with borders.  I don't know why it's made so difficult in the pattern.  Each row is a "block" and each piece is slightly different than the others.  Silly!!



My oldest UFO....
I started this DNP quilt years and years and years ago.  Before the dude.  Before the punk, in the old house, before the old roommate moved out.  YEARS. :) It's a little bit busy, but still pretty.  I'm not sure why I stopped, but I have tons of the fabric in a box with the flimsy...so now I need to finish it.  I want it to be bed sized! 


The Yellow and Black quilt....
I found this in the sewing mess too.  Packed neatly in a plastic shoe box with it's fabric (I was organized!!)  This is almost as old as the DNP, but not quite.  I sewed it together while I was tired one night and it was a mess so I started unsewing it, and that's as far as it got.  I need to rip it one night while watching Top Gear (OMG I'm addicted to the BBC version!) and fix it.  It has potential!! (as a christmas present!)



And lastly....I found these two treasures while I was cleaning.  Quilts I made and forgot about!  This first pattern is from Crazy Old Ladies quilts!



And this one was supposed to be a christmas present for my nephew.  He was SO into cars (now it's Toy Story) so it will be repurposed this christmas (I have a few of these panels, so maybe a few more cars quilts in my future!)


WHEW!! I have my work cut out for me!!



2 comments:

  1. Hehe I went through all that in January. :) Been really working through my UFOs ever since. It's been great. Your DNP is gorgeous. So is the yellow one! And so is the one above - fun stuff to work on!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a very nice collection of WIPs there! The Amy Butler squares are so pretty. Thanks for linking up to WIP Wednesday. : )

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading my blog and leaving comments....they seriously make my day. Please make sure you are not a no reply blogger so I can comment back! :)