Saturday, July 2, 2011

Fourth of July BBQing...



I love summer time.  I'm solar powered and I love sun and heat and being out doors and bbqing and just being with family and friends in the back yard.

We tend to do a lot of bbqing around here and I thought I'd share a few of my favorite recipes that are not only tried and true, but sooo yummy.

Best BBQ Tri Tip Marinade (this is very similar to the flavor of the Mortons Tri Tip that you buy at Costco) The first time I made it I thought for sure that the amounts were off.  It's a LOT of pepper and a LOT of garlic salt.  Trust me on this one!




1 c. Lemon Juice
1/2 c Soy Sauce
1/2 c Oil (I use canola or veggie)
1/2 c Black Pepper
1/2 c Garlic Salt
1/2 c Minced Garlic


Mix ingredients and marinade Tri Tip in the refrigerator overnight.  Bring Tri Tip to room temperature and then grill. I marinade the tri tip in a ziploc bag



Best Damn Baked Beans Ever (not for the weight watcher or the vegetarian)
1/2 pound bacon
1 hot link
1 8oz steak
Famous Dave's Rib Rub
2 large cans Bush's Baked Beans
1 c of Jack Daniels Original no. 7 bbq sauce

Fry bacon until crispy, crumble and set aside.
Cook hot link (I split it in half) and dice into small pieces
Season steak with Famous Dave's Rib Rub and cook until med. well.  Chop.

In a large crock pot put your meats

Then add your two cans of baked beans and your bbq sauce.  I sometimes add a bit of the Famous Dave's seasoning.

Mix well and cook on high one to two hours.  I generally make these the day before and put them in the refrigerator.  They are even better the next day!!



Kelly's Corn Thing (I don't have pictures of this, but it is AHHH-mazing.  It's something like a cross between cornbread and spoon bread or a corn souffle)
1 c Sour Cream (not light, use the real deal)
1 can creamed corn
2 eggs
3T white sugar
1 box Jiffy Corn Muffin Mix
1 stick of real butter

Preheat the oven to 375.  Melt butter in an 8-10" casserole dish with high sides.
Beat two eggs well.  Add in sour cream, creamed corn and jiffy corn muffin mix.  Stir well.
Pour batter into hot casserole dish with the butter.  The butter will come up and surround the mixture.
Bake 40-50 min until the sides are brown and the top is cracked and seems cooked through.
Let cool 5 min before serving!


Happy Eating!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading my blog and leaving comments....they seriously make my day. Please make sure you are not a no reply blogger so I can comment back! :)