Thursday, June 2, 2011

A day late and a dollar short....

So it's Thursday and I'm penning my WIP Wed post.  To say that life has been a bit....hectic is putting it mildly.  Alas, it's the end of the school year and that generally heats things up, and then you throw in regular life and a few trips out of town....you know how it goes :)

ANYWAY....I digress!

It's

WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced

Finished:
Nada.  Zip.  Zilch.  Zero.

Started:
Nothing!! Whooo hooo! (This is the year of the UFO so I'm supposed to be focusing on this!

Progress:
The HST Hushabye Quilt is nearing completion.  I finished quilting it (and it wasn't pleasant) and it's waiting for bindings.

Here it was before.....


Now it has borders (what a crappy picture! Sorry about that! These are a pretty celery green plaid) with straight line quilting on the top and bottom borders.


And the blocks are shadow quilted.

I do love the back on this one.  Pink Polka Dots are a fave...



And a crumpled shot.  I do love this quilt.  I did learn something.  I remember why I don't do straight line quilting much.  I love the way it looks, but it's such a tedious job.  And on this one it puckered something fierce.  I ended up cutting the border because it was so bad.  I did a large large large zig zag on the other borders because this drove me so nutso!

And there has been zero progress on anything else.  And I fear until school is out that's just how it's going to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading my blog and leaving comments....they seriously make my day. Please make sure you are not a no reply blogger so I can comment back! :)