Sunday, May 22, 2011

A FINISH!! (Cheater Cheater pumpkin eater....)

So this quilt is a cheater quilt all the way around.


It's a super popular quilt on this here blog...and I really like the way it came out! :) Front AND Back.


But I have a confession.  This super duper cute quilt is a cheater quilt.  All. The. Way. Around.  The top is the Bliss line's "Blissful Multi" by Bonnie and Camille.  It's a cheater print. 


See ma...no pieced circles.  None. :) I cheated.  Then I added borders of blue gingham from David Textiles.  I pieced the back because it wasn't quite big enough, so I used a piece left from the border and put it in the middle of the pink dots. "Stitched where the ditch should be" quilted the top and then FMQ'd the border.  Then my sweet sweet friend Lynette put the binding on me.  I still owe her the bread! (Bad Kenna!!)

And I ended up with this:


Which is currently residing on the living room floor....it's the punk's new "Floor blanket" where her toys live and she starts the rolling around process!

I cheated.  And it's cute as heck and really unless you REALLY look closely or you REALLY know your fabric, no one will know.  and it's a great whole cloth quilt for the punk to drag around and use and abuse.  And it's cute to boot!


1 comment:

  1. The quilt is super cute. I never would have guessed it was a cheater. Maybe you shouldn't have told us, then we would have thought you had worked your poor fingers to the bone piecing it.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading my blog and leaving comments....they seriously make my day. Please make sure you are not a no reply blogger so I can comment back! :)