Wednesday, April 20, 2011

WIP Wednesday

Sooo I missed WIP wed last week, but I had a good excuse.

My sisters were in town.  I have 3.  One lives down the road (and had her baby last night!!), one lives in Tn, and one in merry ol' England.  The sisters from Tn and England were here, and we had dinner.  I consider that a good excuse!

Now...on to the goodstuff!

WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced


I am using the WIP Wednesday to get out old UFO's and start to renew my excitement for the projects so I can finish them.

First up...a Disappearing Nine Patch I started YEARS ago.  YEARS.  I need to finish it.  It's Michelle D'Amore's surf and sand? line (I could be waayyy off on this one)

It was supposed to be queen size.  It will be eventually.  I need to add a few rows and then borders, sandwich and quilt. 



Please ignore the dappled sunlight in these pictures.  I LOVE my neighbor's fence for pictures, but I need to do them in the morning, as the afternoon sun hits this fence dead on.  C'est la vie...I'm getting better at this picture thing.  (and in Long Beach we get this great afternoon breeze.  Every. Single. Day.  sooo...I need ot do mornings)

Next up....a super size half square triangle quilt in Hushabye by Tula Pink.  This one needs borders, to be sandwiched and quilted....not totally sure what I'm going to add to the quilt....


Then there are the quilts that will never be done.

The Bliss cheater quilt still needs borders.


The Postage Stamp quilt along quilt is STILL no further along.



The zig zag quilt MIGHT become kindling for the fire place....I'm THAT annoyed with it....


I also have this pile...it's Ginger Blossom Flannel (and a few others) and is supposed to be my cousins cuddly flannel quilt.  For her birthday.  That was in November.  Oops??

Maybe next week.  But in the mean time....I will keep digging out UFO's!


4 comments:

  1. What a great pile of UFOs! (even your kindling quilt!) I've got a pile so big I don't even know how big it really is. But that's why we come back to WIP Wednesday week after week, right? Just to remind ourselves of how far behind we really are. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck on your UFOs. I just finished one of those postage stamp quilts earlier this week and I really love how it turned out. Here's some big encouragement for you to finish yours!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a lot of UFOs, but it seems that they will all turn out lovely when finished. Even the zigzag quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love those giant-size HSTs! And the Bliss quilt is gorgeous. Thanks for linking up to WIP Wednesday. : )

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading my blog and leaving comments....they seriously make my day. Please make sure you are not a no reply blogger so I can comment back! :)