Thursday, April 14, 2011

Stylish Blogger Award!

Jessica from "Quilty Habit" has awarded me the Stylish Blogger Award! To quote Susan Boyle "I'm gobsmacked!" Thanks Jessica!!



So, now I'm following the rules.
1. Thank and link back to the person who gave you the award -done!
2. Share seven things about yourself.
3. Award six recently discovered great bloggers.
4. Contact the bloggers and tell them about the award.


7 things about me...oy....this isn't easy.

1.  I started sewing with my grandmother when I was quite young.  She wasn't a great teacher (she had no patience) but she provided me with all the scraps and all the thread and needles that I could ever want.  I made doll clothes.  My first "sewing" machine experience was on a Singer Professional half horsepower machine.  Now I am addicted to sewing FAST and get frustrated by slow machines.

2.  My mom was 33 when I was born.  I was 33 when the punk was born.  She looks JUST like I did as a baby!

3.  I teach junior level English and Home Economics in Orange County, Ca.

4.  I've been to 14 countries on 3 continents and 41 of the US states.  I'm missing Alaska, Oregon, Montana, North Dakota, West Virginia, Kentucky, Nebraska, Minnesota, Wisconsin, and Vermont.  I LOVE to travel.  The punk will have a passport soon.

5.  I've done lots of jobs in my life, but my favorite was working in retail fashion, specifically plus sizes.

6.  I am a product of whole language instruction and am a HORRIBLE speller.  Spell check is my best friend (which is ironic because I teach English.  But really, it should be called literature). 

7.  I'm Cajun.  Yes....like the food!

My six bloggers are.....


I have so much respect for them, (and all quilting bloggers really) and I have learned oodles and oodles from reading blogs!! (especially those!)







1 comment:

  1. Thanks, Kenna! It's great to know you better :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading my blog and leaving comments....they seriously make my day. Please make sure you are not a no reply blogger so I can comment back! :)