Friday, April 22, 2011

Stash....

In addition to my huge pile of UFO's (I haven't even scratched the surface methinks....this weekend I'm going to work on pulling them out and photographing them....one at a time, so I know what is there.  The idea of WIP wed is great because it's holding me accountable...and accountability seems to be the hot topic at my house.  As the dude and I strive for personal improvement, accountability is what both of us lack in varying degrees.)  I have a stash of fabric that is out of control....and I'm just talking about the stuff that isn't put away...

So....I pulled a few things and am trying to figure out what I want to do with them. 

First up....the oranges. 
Charisma by Gail Kessler for Andover Fabrics

 I have been fascinated with orange lately.  I am going to make an orange and white quilt, but I haven't any idea what pattern I want to use....any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!!  I fell in LOVE with these fabrics the other day while in my all time favorite fabric store (M&L) and bought them.  Not so in love with the rest of the line, but these are soo yummy.  I have been collecting oranges.  And medallion prints.  hummmm.

Next up...
a fat quarter bundle of Kiwi by Timeless Treasures

Not sure what to do with this bundle either.  I loved it when I first got it, and I'm thinking a green/white/black quilt will look fantastic...but again not sure on the pattern.  Maybe a DNP (my standard "go to" pattern) who knows.  Maybe I'll add some hot pink to the mix and make it day glow.  Or maybe I'll use this as a give away. 

I also have this:
Sunkissed by Sweetwater for Moda

I have been hoarding it.  I bought the jelly rolls for the Jelly Roll Quilt alongs (still not done) but this is hoard status.  It's SO pretty.  It's sooooo yummy....and I know it will end up as several quilts.  It just hasn't told me which ones yet.

OF course this list doesn't include the layer cakes of bliss, dream on, fandango, or the bella solids, nor the charm packs of whimsy, bliss (2), pure, punctuation, and bella solids....or the jelly rolls, or the honey buns....nor the cabinets of "other stuff" that I have in that room....
I think I have a wee problem....too much fabric, not enough time.....never enough time!


1 comment:

  1. I was going to mention Disappearing 9-patch for the oranges, but after reading farther down, I see you've already done one. Pottery Barn catalog always gives me inspiration for the big prints.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading my blog and leaving comments....they seriously make my day. Please make sure you are not a no reply blogger so I can comment back! :)